My Favorite Reads
Welcome to 2020! I cannot believe that we are in a new year already and I am fully prepared to write the date wrong for the next three months.
This month was a better reading month than November for sure. I read 9 books and they were all 4 or 5 star reads for me. I defaulted to a lot of urban fantasy stuff, which are my comfort reads, since December was such an insane month with stuff going on all the time. I was really glad I finished the Cruel Prince series and was very happy with the way it wrapped up. I also enjoyed Recursion and Lethal White a lot.
Books That Weren’t My Cup of Tea
I lucked out this month and didn’t read any books that I didn’t really enjoy. I also put down a lot of books after a short while just because I wasn’t excited about them and knew it would be really easy for me to fall into a reading slump this month with how busy everything was!
We managed to post basically every day this month and I’m really proud of us — and especially Haley, who picked up the slack around my holiday travels this month! I’m really proud of a few of our posts, and wanted to share them again here in case you’d missed them!
- We put together a GIANT list of all the 2020 reading challenges we could find, and plan to keep adding to the list as we find new ones! Let us know in the comments to that post if you want us to add another one!
- We hosted our first Saturday Spotlight author interview with Rosaria Munda and had a fun conversation about her book Fireborne.
- We put together a few fun recommendation posts for the PopSugar 2020 challenge as well as the Read Harder BookRiot challenge. You can find those here and here if you need ideas!
- We continued to help you pick your favorite Book of the Month selection with our monthly summary posts. We’ve been so pleased with the feedback you all have given us! If you haven’t picked yet, the Adult BOTM summaries are here and the YA BOTM summaries are here.
- We also put together a fun resource to help share our love of bookish podcasts. We listed all we could think of — are there any we missed? Let us know!
- And finally, we had a great conversation with you all about DNFing and why we love it.
What About You?
What did you read this month that you loved? Was there anything that just wasn’t working for you? Do you have any posts that you are proud of this month that you want to share? We can’t wait to chat with you in the comments!