Hi and welcome to Stuck in the Stacks! We appreciate you taking the time to learn more about our review policy.
Here at Stuck in the Stacks we are more than happy to consider your request, whether you are an author or publisher. The most reliable way to reach us is through stuckinthestacks123 (at) gmail (dot) com –please use only this method to contact us about potential review copies. There is no guarantee we will see your request on our social media outlets.
What You can Expect:
We will aim to post a review within one month of receiving a book, though we may choose to wait and post closer to the release date of a book if appropriate or if that is the preference of the publisher/author.
Our reviews will be honest, and will explore both pros and cons, but we will never trash a book. We firmly believe that there is a reader out there for every book and our main goal is to help readers find books that they love!
All blog posts are shared on all our social media platforms
- IG: @stuck.in.the.stacks
- Twitter: @stuckinstacks
- FB Page: Stuck in the Stacks Book Blog
- Litsy: stuck.in.the.stacks
We will sometimes go a step further with the book and host a Q&A on our blog. This is not guaranteed and based solely on our like or dislike of any given book. Each Spotlight receives a full month of promotion on all our social media platforms (included paid boosted posts and a blog sponsored giveaway where possible).
We Are Also Open To:
- Blog Tours
- Street Teams
- Cover Reveals
Our Preferred Genres
- Middle grade
- Fantasy (Adult and YA)
- Historical Fiction
- Mysteries and Thrillers
- Post Apocalyptic stories / Survival Stories
- Any combination of the above!
Our Rating Systems
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: The book changed our lives. Everyone should read it. Have you read it yet? Why haven’t you read this book? Definitely in the running for favorite book ever and we will definitely be talking about it every chance we get.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐: This book was good, great even. But it might not be for everyone and it wasn’t quite good enough to make any of our lists of favorites.
- ⭐⭐⭐: The book was okay. We finished it but there isn’t much to write home about and it didn’t really break new ground within its intended genre or with its marketed audience.
- ⭐⭐: Almost a DNF but we pushed through. We wouldn’t necessarilh recommend it. Lacking in numerous ways. Just not that great.
- ⭐: DNF or extremely offensive. Usually we won’t even rate books at this level but its basically the bottom of the barrel where books are concerned.
Questions and Inquiries?
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us at stuckinthestacks123 (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you and we look forward to working with you!